• Honda

Curry Honda Atlanta

5525 Peachtree Industrial Blvd
Directions Chamblee, GA 30341

  • New: (866) 316-0230
  • Service/Parts: 888-221-8441
  • Used: 866-733-2877
  • Body Shop: (866) 887-6589

What do the different NHTSA front-impact ratings mean?

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NTHSA) is a government agency that operates new car safety testing to provide information to consumers on front-end impacts, side-impacts, rear-impacts, and rollover safety. Information from their system lets the consumer compare vehicle safety before purchasing.

The NHTSA provides results in stars—the higher number of stars the better the safety record of the vehicle during crash experiments. For front-end impacts at 35 mph that result in a 5-star performance means the occupants have a 10% chance of injury, 4-stars means 11-20% chance of injury, 3-stars 21 to 35%, 2-stars 36 to 45%, and 1 star means that 46% or more of the occupants will receive injuries. A vehicle that receives a 1-star rating in any category alert any purchaser.

At Curry Honda Atlanta, we display the crash test generated star levels of each vehicle.

 

 

 

Categories: New Inventory

Comments

Nothing posted yet.
Info