| || |
Being in a traffic accident can be very upsetting. You might ask, "Do I have to go to a certain repair center for the repairs? What does it mean if I get several estimates and they all vary greatly? Should I even be driving this vehicle in the state it is in?"
Here at Curry Honda Atlanta, serving Chamblee and the greater Atlanta area, we want to give you some answers to these questions and several more that may arise along the way. That being said, here are 10 things to know about collision repair in Chamblee, GA, near Atlanta, or anywhere else in between:
- You have the right to go to the repair shop of your choice. Your insurance company cannot require you to go to a particular shop.
- There is no law that requires you obtain more than one estimate.
- Differences in estimates are common. A lower estimate may not include all necessary work. If you are not sure why one estimate is different from another you received, please allow us to assist you.
- Choose a shop that has unibody repair equipment and certified (by I-CAR or ASE, for example) technicians.
- Ask if the shop will be using genuine manufacturer (OEM) replacement parts.
- Ask if the shop offers a repair warranty.
- Let us help you negotiate your claim with the insurance company.
- Some insurance companies may want you to visit their drive-in claims center before having your car repaired. You can do this, or you may leave your car at our shop and ask that the insurance company inspect the car here.
- Your car is the second largest investment you are likely to make. Preserve its value and your safety by having it repaired professionally.
- Never drive a car that could be unsafe because of damages or faulty repairs.
Now that we have told you 10 things to know about collision repair in Chamblee, GA near Atlanta, hopefully you will feel more confident about the collision repair process and less confused about what to do. If you have any questions about anything, contact us via our Body Shop Contact Form or simply call our Body Shop at 866-887-6589!